Training Instructor Position for EOD or Public Safety Bomb Technician
Location: Virginia Beach, VA and San Diego, CA
Worksite: Point One HQ and Satellite office
Status: Full Time, Salaried
Clearance required: Yes/ Secret eligible
Training instructors provide classroom and practical training for Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technicians and Public Safety Bomb Techs (PSBT) to counter the threat of explosive devices and hazardous materials when supporting conventional and special/tactical operations missions efficiently and safely. The positions are dynamic and operationally oriented to include work in Category A advanced tactics and techniques, Sensitive Site Exploitation (SSE), CBRN/WMD operations and the safe handling of improvised energetics and materials.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. Armed Forces, EOD Technician NEC, MOS or AFSC producing course taught at NAVSCOLEOD or the FBI Hazardous Devices School (HDS).
- Instructor qualification (9502), college degree, or formal instructor qualification preferred. (Experience teaching/instructing will be considered in lieu of formal qualification or degree)
- Must have a minimum of four years’ experience in the field of EOD or as a Public Safety Bomb Tech (PSBT).
- 2+ years’ experience in the special or tactical operations arena preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced EOD tactics and procedures (preferred) related to SOF or SWAT preferred.
- Experience with commercial, military, and improvised explosives preferred.
- Must possess or qualify for a Security Clearance of SECRET.
- Must be drug free and submit to random drug screening before and during employment. Agree to a zero-drug use policy while employed.
- Must be able to work in diverse multi-functional teams.
- Must have strong analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have superior communication (verbal and written).
- Must be flexible and willing to respond to short notice tasking on occasion.
- Must be able to manage time and work on multiple concurrent projects/tasks with little to no supervision.
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise and instruction (practical and lecture based) during formal courses of instruction developed and taught by Point One.
- Develop, fabricate and employ training aids used for training courses and Field Training Exercises (FTX).
- Perform operational checks on training equipment, devices and training aids, daily as specified for each course of instruction.
- Maintain course curriculum and equipment for Point One courses of instruction.
- Set-up and operate clandestine laboratories for use during training courses and for exercise support.
- Provide operator level expertise and onsite support during FTX events to active duty personnel.
- Diversify teaching techniques in order to maintain motivation and interest in the subject area.
- Research training aid components and develop purchase orders to acquire all necessary materials for training aid construction.
- Develop and maintain classroom/laboratory management techniques that reflect professionalism and good discipline in order to enhance learning.
- Maintain expertise in all tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP’s) used to teach and administer Point One training courses.
- Maintain all required qualifications/certifications required as a Point One Instructor.
- Assist with administrative and facility duties as required to meet requirements provided by Point One directive.
- Travel when directed to support Point One training and exercise support initiatives (25% estimated).
Point One is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in training curriculum to advance capability across the operational spectrum for Military and Law Enforcement personnel. In addition to training, Point One provides subject matter experts (SME) ISO of government agencies, training products, exercise support, and test and evaluation services.
Point One offers robust benefit packages and salaries to qualified personnel and provides a very team-oriented environment with a focus on advancing the capability of DoD EOD forces, Special Operations personnel, and Law Enforcement Bomb Technicians. Point One is a fast paced and goal-oriented company that provides a service that is rewarding and challenging.
Please send résumés to email@example.com or fill out the form below to apply for the Training Instructor Position for EOD or Bomb Technicians