Explosive Ordnance Disposal Instructor
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Worksite: Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek
Status: Full Time (contingent upon award)
Clearance required: Secret
Position Number: EOD INS – 001
Travel: less than 10%
Point One seeks an Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Instructor who will augment active-duty instructors in various EOD Training and Evaluation Unit TWO (TEU-2) in Surface/Improvised Explosive Device (IED), Mine Countermeasures (MCM)/Underwater, Chem/Bio, and Nuclear Divisions. Assignment to one or more divisions will be based on instructor experience and the needs of the government. The typical instructor may teach across at least two EOD mission areas. The EOD Instructor position will support all aspects of training active-duty EOD/diving forces with duties ranging from classroom to field instruction, curriculum development and maintenance and inventory of training equipment and accountability of the same. This training is classified as high-risk training (HRT) and applicants will be subject to the requirements for HRT instructors such as passing medical and psychological evaluations, being drug-free and remaining capable of physical activity associated with HRT training. Some travel is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the maintenance and inventory of divisional Table of Allowance items, Civil Engineer Support Equipment (CESE)/Service Craft & Boat Support Service (SABAR) and issued equipment.
- Assist in managing and maintaining I00% accountability of training aid inventory.
- Participate in the training and instructing of EOD operators across the range of EOD and diving mission areas.
- Participate in Field Training Exercises as needed.
- Research EOD relevant intelligence via Secret Internet Protocol Router Network.
- Participate in setting up role-playing exercises and scenarios at the training area sites.
- Ensure exercises and scenarios are safely prepared for training before scheduled training events.
- Observe, evaluate, and document training exercises.
- Participate in developing short and long-range training plans, training programs, and provide training and technology support to assigned divisions.
- Participate in the development, delivery, and maintenance of divisional curriculum.
- Assist in designing, requesting, assembling, and picking up training aids relevant to divisional training objectives.
- Assist in divisional purchase requests.
- Participate in training area maintenance.
- Prepare correspondence and maintain files of correspondence, forms, regulations, directives, letters, and other publications as required.
- Ensure publications, instructions, directives, and files are accurately updated and correspondence is accurately filed and processed per the Navy Correspondence Manual Secretary of the Navy Instruction (SECNAVINST) 5216.SD and Standard Subject Identification Code Manual SECNAVINST 5430.7P.
- Apply policies and directives as prescribed by higher authority.
- Read, interpret, and ensure compliance with publications, instructions, notices, local directives, and changes thereto as appropriate.
- Liaise with intelligence specialists regarding the latest worldwide IED/EOD relevant threats.
- Properly safeguard classified, Privacy Act, and other documentation and conduct end-of-day security checks of buildings and spaces to ensure they are properly secured and all classified material, Privacy Act, and Official Use Only documentation is properly stowed and safeguarded.
- Assist in divisional administrative tasks as required.
Must have a Senior EOD Technician qualification as a minimum with:
- Five years operational EOD experience.
- Experience using Navy/Marine Corps Intranet, Secure Internet Protocol Router, Automated EOD Publication System, and EOD Information Management System.
- Experience grading individual and team EOD exercises and preparing subsequent reports.
- Experience teaching an EOD training program.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and PowerPoint.
- CPR/AED certification (desired).
- Qualification as a Surface/IED instructor, MCM Instructor, Chemical/Biological Instructor, and/or Nuclear Instructor at EOD School, EOD TEU, or equivalent (desired, not required).
- Qualified and can proficiently operate Underwater/MCM specific CESE/SABAR such as 11M/9M/7M Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat, F470, Combat Rubber Raiding Craft, Mark V, light service support vehicles, Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement, SKYTRAK forklift, and 15 Ton flatbed (desired, not required).
- Qualified Radiation Worker as per Naval Sea Systems Command S0420-AA-RAD-010 Rev I A (desired, not required).
Point One is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in training curriculum to advance capability across the operational spectrum for Military and Law Enforcement personnel. In addition to training, Point One provides subject matter experts (SME) ISO of government agencies, training products, exercise support, and test and evaluation services.
Point One offers robust benefit packages and salaries to qualified personnel and provides a very team-oriented environment with a focus on advancing the capability of DoD EOD forces, Special Operations personnel, and Law Enforcement Bomb Technicians. Point One is a fast paced and goal-oriented company that provides a service that is rewarding and challenging.
Please send résumés to email@example.com or fill out the form below to apply for the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Instructor position.