Electronics Engineer and Electronics Instructor
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Status: Full Time
Clearance required: Secret
Position Number: EE
Travel: less than 25%
Point One seeks an Electronics Engineer (EE) to lead electronics training and manage research and development projects. The EE will instruct electronics related subjects at various levels of complexity. The position will support all aspects of training active-duty Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) technicians and Law Enforcement Public Safety Bomb Tech (PSBT) personnel. Duties will range from classroom to field instruction, curriculum development as well as maintenance and inventory of training equipment and accountability of the same. Applicants may be subject to medical screening and psychological evaluations, drug testing and must remain capable to participate in any physical activity associated with training requirements. Travel is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and coordinate training team initiatives.
- Supervise, plan and deliver training to customers related to practical and theoretical electronics.
- Assist with curriculum development and changes with curriculum and training.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of electronic training devices.
- Assist systems integration projects that support company initiatives.
- Assist with all aspects of training aid electronic circuit design to support curriculum and company initiatives.
- Assist with general administrative, contracting and program management.
- Assist in managing and maintaining accountability of component inventory.
- Participate in the training and instructing of company instructors.
- Apply policies and directives as prescribed by higher authority.
- Read, interpret, and ensure compliance with publications, instructions, notices, local directives, and changes thereto as appropriate.
- Liaise with intelligence specialists regarding the latest worldwide IED/EOD relevant threats.
- Properly safeguard classified, Privacy Act, and other documentation and conduct end-of-day security checks of buildings and spaces to ensure they are properly secured and all classified material, Privacy Act, and Official Use Only documentation is properly stowed and safeguarded.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain & maintain security clearance of Secret.
- Ability to pass a drug screening upon hire and randomly thereafter.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) college or university.
- Potential for travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must have technical knowledge of RF and IR waveform emissions.
- Must have knowledge of concepts, principles, and techniques across multiple interrelated and integrated technical and test engineering disciplines applied to teaching and troubleshooting.
- Instructing/Teaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and PowerPoint.
Point One is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in training curriculum to advance capability across the operational spectrum for Military and Law Enforcement personnel. In addition to training, Point One provides subject matter experts (SMEs) ISO of government agencies, training products, exercise support, and test and evaluation services.
Point One offers robust benefit packages and salaries to qualified personnel and provides a very team-oriented environment with a focus on advancing the capability of DoD EOD forces, Special Operations personnel, and Law Enforcement Bomb Technicians. Point One is a fast paced and goal-oriented company that provides a service that is rewarding and challenging.
Please send résumés to email@example.com or fill out the form below to apply for the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Instructor position.