Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Worksite: Point One HQ and Satellite office
Status: Full Time, Salaried
Clearance required: Yes/ Secret eligible
Point One USA, LLC is currently accepting applications for a chemist position at its headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA. Point One’s focus is constantly on countering the growing threat of conventional and WMD terrorism. This position, which answers to the Principle Scientist, will support Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) courses for military and law enforcement personnel. The candidate will also assist in conducting and evaluating company research projects and developing products for the company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry or explosive engineering
- Competence of chemical synthetic procedure
- Ability to interact with and effectively teach non-chemists
- Willing to work independently on nontraditional projects
- Flexible to domestic and international travel
- Some lifting and ability to work with hazardous materials in a controlled manner
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Level security clearance
- Willing to relocate to Virginia Beach, VA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise and instruction (practical and lecture based) during formal courses of instruction developed and taught by Point One.
- Develop, fabricate and employ training aids used for product deliveries, training courses and Field Training Exercises (FTX).
- Maintain course curriculum and equipment for Point One courses of instruction.
- Set-up and operate clandestine laboratories for use during training courses and for exercise support.
- Provide chemistry related expertise and onsite support during FTX events to active duty personnel.
- Diversify teaching techniques in order to maintain motivation and interest in the subject area.
- Maintain all required qualifications/certifications required as a Point One Instructor.
- Assist with administrative and facility duties as required to meet requirements provided by Point One directive.
- Travel when directed to support Point One training and exercise support initiatives (25% estimated).
Point One is a service-disabled veteran owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in training curriculum to advance capability across the operational spectrum for Military and Law Enforcement personnel. In addition to training, Point One provides subject matter experts (SME) ISO of government agencies, training products, exercise support, and test and evaluation services.
Point One offers robust benefit packages and salaries to qualified personnel and provides a very team-oriented environment with a focus on advancing the capability of DoD EOD forces, Special Operations personnel, and Law Enforcement Bomb Technicians. Point One is a fast paced and goal-oriented company that provides a service that is rewarding and challenging.
Please send résumés to email@example.com or fill out the form below to apply for the Chemist Position