Point One focuses on advancing the capability of DoD EOD forces, Special Operations personnel and Law Enforcement Bomb Technicians. A service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB), Point One provides a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented work environment. Apply today if you are interested in joining a team that is motivated, hard-working, and provides a service that is rewarding. Candidates with military or previous explosive/energetic material experience will have first consideration. Point One offers robust benefit packages and salaries to qualified personnel. Applicants should provide a résumé and cover letter.
Point One is seeking candidates for the following positions:
Production Team Assistant
Includes designing, building, and testing Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) training devices to include; electronic circuit design, mechanical assembly, testing and troubleshooting of circuit boards, modification of off the shelf materials, fabrication and construction of containers and systems for use in practical training courses for military and law enforcement EOD technicians. May include some travel in the U.S.
In this role the ideal candidate will work well in a team environment, think innovatively and provide efficiency while executing their duties. Prefer the following attributes and qualifications:
- Some experience in production/manufacturing
- Experience with general hand/power tools, ie. drills, saws, pneumatic nail guns.
- Experience with soldering electrical wiring and circuit board components
- Any fabrication experience a plus, ie. wood working/welding
- Mechatronics or electronics engineering technician (EET) degree is helpful.
- Capable of quick turnarounds and working in fast paced and changing environments.
- Minimal errors and rework. Must be detailed and attention to detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and self-supervised, but capable of taking direction and guidance.
- Keen organizational skills.
- Capable of using computer software such as Microsoft excel, word and powerpoint.
- Mechanically inclined and outside the box thinking. CAD solidworks experience and certification helpful
- Skilled in electronic design, assembly and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic / pneumatic / wiring fundamentals.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible for a Secret level clearance.
Virginia Beach, VA
Minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mechatronics or EET Degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
Starting salary dependent upon experience level and skills. Point One offers great benefits to include 401K, Health and Dental.
Point One provides a very team oriented environment with a focus on advancing the capability of DoD EOD forces, Special Operations personnel and Law Enforcement Bomb Technicians. Point One is a fast paced and dynamic service-disabled veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB). Apply today if you are interested in joining a team that is motivated, hard-working, and provides a service that is rewarding.
Job Type: Full-time
Contract: Training and Arms, Ammunition and Explosives SME
Position Title: FTX Coordinator
Location: San Diego, CA, Pearl Harbor, HI, and Santa Rita, Guam
Worksite: Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Units One, Three, Five, Eleven; Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit One
Status: Full-time/ Immediate
This Subject Matter expert will provide logistical and direct support to the N7 at each Mobile Unit for Field Training Exercise EOD (FTX)/Final Evaluation Problem (FEP) and will provide administrative support for arms, ammunition and explosives documentation. Some travel to off-site training ranges, demolition training facilities, conferences and meetings, and other places as required to support EOD training requirements. Must be available for occasional night and weekend training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an FTX and FEP Master Schedule of Events List (MSEL) document and provide to Readiness and Training.
- Verify MSEL meets all FTX and FEP drill requirements.
- Ensure adequate equipment, safety equipment, inert training aids and any other logistical requirements that are on hand and available to support FTX/FEP.
- Collect and archive data in the unit’s command share drive all NMETL grade sheets used by military personnel for the FTX/FEP event within two hours after the conclusion of each FTX and FEP event.
- Prepare respective documentation for ammunition and weapons shipments.
- Review the command database of current inventory levels of ammunition and explosives daily and inform command AA&E officer via email of current stock levels.
- Provide AA&E administrative documents, feedback and response requested during audits and inspections related to ordnance accounting, ordnance qualification/certification programs, and ammunition supply administration.
- Record weapons, VAS and weapons accessory accountability data via 1149 and RCRP database.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) technician designation with minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in EOD N7 department with knowledge of FTX/FEP practices and execution.
- A basic working knowledge of electronics and recent counter IED experience.
- Experience with ammunition, weapons, supply, and safety regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to specific assignment for inventory, packing, storing/distributing and cataloging.
- Experience with ammunition and safety and compatibility regulations.
- Valid CPR certification (will be provided upon hire)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Recent experience as a US Navy diver (MDSU position only)
- Lifting objects up to 50 pounds multiple times a day during training exercises.
Training Specialists, Training Instructors
Point One is seeking professional and motivated Training Specialists and Instructors that have experience in the field of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) for positions in our Virginia Beach, Virginia and San Diego, CA locations for immediate and near term hire.
Positions include training aid/kit fabrication and development, and training instructors. The positions are demanding and dynamic and include work in advanced tactics and techniques that better prepare EOD Technicians who support special operations. HME and Cat A mission sets are the focus of the majority of the training courses as they relate to special operations.
Some travel is required.
Full time salaried and hourly positions are available.
Role Players (Actors/Actresses)
- Provide acting during military training to assist in creating scenarios simulating situations that may be encountered while on deployment.
- Maintain acting character for duration of scenario.
- Demonstrate reliability and timeliness with ability to be at training locations when necessary.
- Ability to follow directions given by instructors regarding the given scenario.
Having operational/training background is helpful, but not required. Acting/role playing experience is a must. Being bilingual is also helpful, but not required.
When submitting resume for consideration, please also submit a headshot/photo (from shoulders, up).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $200.00 /day
Please send résumés to email@example.com or fill out the form below.